Looking to volunteer at Ocean State Theatre this season? Please come join the
over 150 Ocean State Theatre Company Volunteers that help make our season possible.
The dedicated Volunteers for Ocean State Theatre Company solidify the interaction between guests and performances on a very regular basis. Like most non-profit arts organizations, our success relies not just on the theatre professionals who dedicate their careers to the arts but equally to the many volunteers who give their time and talent selflessly.
We are looking to expand the opportunities of our already dedicated volunteers in an effort to better serve our community, and in turn, grow the support for Ocean State Theatre Company.
We are excited to announce that several new volunteer opportunities emerge in the upcoming 5th season. For more information, or to become a volunteer please contact Jason Loete, Director of Educational Programming and Community Outreach at 401-921-1777x118 or Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
Existing, and new ways to donate your time to Ocean State Theatre Company include:
1. Ushering – a vital link between audience and entertainment. Often the experience starts with you. Being able to stand for long periods of time (45-60 minutes) and climb stairs is necessary.
2. Greeters – this newly created position will post outside the theatre to assist with parking and inside the lobby doors to assist first time patrons. Being able to stand for long periods of time (45-60 minutes) and interact verbally with patrons is necessary.
3. Poster Team – these volunteers will canvas their local area looking for businesses that are willing to hang show posters in windows, storefronts, or display boards, and also hanging show posters at businesses OSTC already has relationships with. Driving may be necessary.
4. Gardening Club – An outdoor beautification crew dedicated to maintaining the landscaping in front of the theatre on Jefferson Boulevard and implementing future beautification ideas.
5. Administrative Support – these volunteers will take on tasks such as addressing and stuffing envelopes, alphabetizing, filing and other administrative duties.
All volunteer positions are rewarded with complimentary tickets to the current mainstage offering and/or certain special events. Accommodations may be able to me made for those requesting alternative rewards.
CLICK HERE to download our Volunteer Usher Application
and mail completed application to:
1245 Jefferson Blvd., Warwick, RI 02886